Monday, May 23, 2011

At the top of the stairs.

Happy Monday evening to you.....I am looking forward to participating in my first display chain tomorrow! Hope I can figure that one out.
Whenever you paint, I believe, you begin to think about the placement of things as you move items back into their "spots". Do you rehang the same pictures, do you move the furniture to new locations? Do you declutter, trade out or trade up? I certainly processed all of this as I painted the foyer. I studied blogs, magazines and asked friends. I did not rehang many items on the walls in my foyer, thinking something different was coming perhaps. As I moved up the stairs, I changed things a little as I went. When I got to the top of the stairs, I took a look around the landing area and knew a few tweeks were needed.
I decided my little pie safe needed to have a few quilts removed and the ones left neatly folded and stacked, trying to coordinate the colors better. I changed around a few chairs. I added a sweet thirft store find, the darling egg basket. My grandmother's china cabinet sits at the top of the stairs filled with old family photos and a few special china pieces. This did not suit me any longer! I emptied it out completely and have decided it is to be filled with old books ( well, gotta go shopping, oh darn! ) and other colonial items.


My freshly painted walls have given me a new canvas. Since I am not talented in the arts, I am at least giving a try at making my house a warm and cozy reflection of a time gone by. It will always be a work in progress, and it may never be a "masterpiece", but the joy is in the crafting, throughout the house and at the top of the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!