Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Look What I Found!

Over the past several weeks, my junkin friend Rebecka and I have hit some local spots, including the storage shed of another friend. My favorite part of junking with Rebecka is hearing her say "Look what I found" because I know it means she has landed something wonderful!




This time though, I also had a few LWIF moments myself and I wanted to share them with you!


First this great old print caught my eye and I had to have it...I have long needed an aristocrat in the house, and he fit the bill. I was so excited, as I had put away my pewter sconces until the right item came along to go with them. We still have not named him, but I am sure we will think of something!





Next, this fantastic chest of drawers was spotted on a junking day....great mirror on top, nice and tall, great colonial style pulls. I did not need it, but it was marked SO CHEAPLY that I knew I could not leave it! I will find a spot soon for it as I am moving things around to make room for it. It was truly a steal, how could we leave it behind?





I am a sucker for wooden bowls, especially priced right! This one was a deal and is the largest one I have ever found. Even with the crack, it is a beauty for sure! I will be hard pressed to find a larger one, but you know, we must continue the hunt! What about this darling measurer? The local thrift store provided it to me at a lovely price. It has already been used for so many things, I am not sure what it will be doing on a permanent basis! It has great patina and is a nice size.

Lastly, I have found that my youngest is growing up too fast. Always the bargain hunter, I found a fantastic red dress for homecoming for her. Last weekend was the big game and dance, and she looked radiant.


In all the things I have found, that is the one that is so bittersweet. It is a wonderful thing to see your child grow into such beautiful person, inside and out. However , it is a little sad to know that means they will soon leave the nest you have enjoyed sharing with them! She thought my find in the portrait was a little creepy, she was none too pleased to help me get that chest of drawers up the stairs. She asked me what in the world I was going to do with one more wooden bowl. She could not understand why we could not really use the measurer when we were cooking together. She has, however, said many times on those junking trips "Look what I found".....so I know a little bit of me will go with her! That's the best kind of homecoming anyway! What did you find lately that had to make your house it's home? ~Beth




Thanks to Kay Brown Photography for capturing Homecoming 2011 for Olivia!























6 comments:

  1. Great pictures of your lovely daughter! If you don't put the mirror on that chest of drawers, you could use it anywhere in the house....Love the huge bowl, too! Thanks for sharing.

    Prim Blessings~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome findings! Love the paint and the big bowl. Your daughter is gorgeous. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty daughter and one you can be proud of. I love the wooden bowl. What great finds you have. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some wonderful things... but YOur daughter wins! She is most beautiful!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what nice finds! Such fun to tweak things around the house and to have a new look. Your daughter is so beautiful! It is hard to watch them grow into young adults and leave home. My two daughters are grown and raising their own families now, but they have become my best friends. It is so fun to share in their lives. Enjoy the process as she grows. ~Blessings -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful finds! I love that wooden bowl and all your other treasures. Your daughter is so beautiful.
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!