Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Recipe for Laughter, A Recipe to Share

First, I had to share this photo that I saw on Ebay. I have been hunting for a box to put on my mantle to hide the lighter thingy....a nice document box would be ideal. While "shopping" on ebay for a box, I saw this one. Not what I was looking for, but the photo included the cat standing in the background and I laughed so hard I nearly cried. It just cracked me up that the person posting the photo to sell the box included the hilarious comedy of the dancing cat. Did they not see him when they took the photo? Must have been his box and he was saying NO WAY, NOT FOR SALE! Cats are always a recipe for laughter!
















Next allow me to share the foodies from the Mother's Day lunch I prepared for my mom! Yummy quiche and fruit salad with petit fours for dessert. The Quiches were so easy and turned out beautifully....tasted pretty good as well!












The fruit salad was cantelope, strawberries and blueberries. Added a little pineapple juice too.


Petit fours were store bought. Tasty none the less! Here is the very easy Quice recipe for you to try! I made two different ones: Bacon Quiche and then a Ham and Asparagus Quiche.

Recipe for Create your own Quiche

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 cup shredded Swiss Cheese

1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese

1 frozen pie crust

4 eggs slightly beaten

1 cup half and half cream

1 cup of veggies (your choice, mix and match or optional)

1/3 cup bacon bits (optional)

1/2 cup to 3/4 cup meat choice (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In medium bowl mix your "content items of choice" and cheeses, place this mixture in the unthawed pie crust. Mix the eggs and half and half in a bowl, pour over the cheese mixture in pie crust. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 35 minutes or until top of quiche begins to turn brown.

Now you know I had to use my Longaberger Pie Plates. I have others, but by far they out cook the rest and clean up the best. My crusts are always better thanks to Grandma Bonnie Longaberger's Pie Plate. In all my years with Longaberger, it is one of my most favorite items, and certainly one I love to give as a gift. I rarely use it for pie, but they end up in the diswasher at least three times a week for something I have used them for! They always make me look good!

Hope you enjoy this oh so easy recipe....delicious results await! My lunch was a simple thank you for a most wonderful woman, my sweet mom. Hope the dancing cat made you laugh too, we all need a good laugh early in the week. ~~ Beth







1 comment:

  1. Too cute the cat dancing~The food looks yummy~ YUM~ thanks for sharing the recipe!!also thanks for stopping by & leaving a nice comment~ visit me more often!!
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!