Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Food for thought!

I popped over to read Dan's answers tonight at Yesterday Once More and he really got me thinking about my home and my collections. I had to leave him a comment and this is part of what I shared: "got me thinking about my own collections, my first collection, my most beloved piece, and so much more. Isn't it true that collections are so much more than the items themselves. When collections are part of your decor, not just for decor, they tell so many stories. It's the greatest form of recycling to me as we gather the old, the discarded and the relics of the past. Part of decorating with collections to me is that so much of what I have reminds me of something, someone or sometime; evokes a treasured memory and makes me smile." Now I have a better idea of why I love antiquing. It is always about the treasure hunt of course, but also about a day with a friend, a special item from my grandmother's or the laughs along the way. As I enjoy the items I have been blessed to add to my home, I think of someone, I am reminded of sometime, or something in between. Now I can say even that my home reminds me of you, how you shared an idea, or created a vignette I wanted to enjoy in my own home, or commented on my blog. What a treat.
As promised, since this is titled food for thought, I am including a recipe tonight. It was our dinner and no photo is available as we gobbled it up before I thought about taking a shot! So easy, so tasty and so fast! Enjoy!

Ken's Pineapple Chicken
6-8 chicken tenderloins cut into chunks
1 jar Ken's Asian Ginger Salad Dressing
1/2 fresh pineapple ( or one can tidbits) cut into tidbits
1 onion chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
Olive Oil

Pour 4 Tbls Olive Oil in sauce pan or fry pan
add chopped onion and cook on Med heat
add chicken, half bottle of dressing and pineapples
stir as needed while cooking
once chicken is done, add bell pepper and cook til soft
add remaining jar of dressing.
when heated through, serve over rice.

Let me know what you think about this easy recipe!

2 comments:

  1. Very thought provoking message. My collections make me feel good and usually they all have some sort of memory attached to them as to why I started collecting the pieces to begin with.

    Oh I do love pineapple chicken. The recipe I use is a bit different but the taste is probably about the same. Thanks for sharing your version of this recipe.

    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth, I need you to email me your info. for the sisterhood of the traveing box swap, from crows creek primitives. You can email me from my blog at http://marmmiesmammysandmore.blogspot.com.

    Love the recipe....going to try it out, looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!